Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Hero


In case you are the one person who has not seen the amazing video of Stephen Colbert's routine at the White House Correspondent's dinner: click here to witness some devastating moral courage.

Watching this footage, you can't help but know you are witnessing something of massive historical significance. Can't you picture George Clooney's kid, 40 years from now, making his or her own "Good Night and Good Luck" about Colbert?

And most of all, is not only does Colbert have the balls to eviscerate the President and press RIGHT TO THEIR FACES, but in a brilliant work of art. I submit that his performance is one of the greatest works of art of this century. I'm totally serious. What elegance! What wit! What balls! Give this guy a Macarthur already!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kate Harding said...

Big fat yep.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kate Harding said...

Realizing right now that I don't know you well enough to know for sure if you ARE totally serious, or cleverly skewering those of us creaming our pants over someone, you know, saying some words to some people... but I stand by my yep either way.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Lillet Langtry said...

Oh no! I am one thousand percent serious. That was the most fucking amazing thing ever. It was electrifying.

I want him to run for President with Patrick Fitzgerald.

Oh yeah and the "Media" being all "oh, well it just wasn't funny" : What a bunch of fucking Eichmanns!!

I stand by your yep too, Ms, Kate!

xo L

4:42 PM  
Blogger Kate Harding said...

The problem with loving irony is, you start to see it everywhere. Whew.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Ashbloem said...

Isn't he wonderful?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Lord Chimmy said...

I certainly have no love for the Prez, but based on comedic value I honestly didn't feel that Colbert's performance was that good. Sure he said "things" that were "ballsy" but just being ballsy isn't comedy.

Seriously...just having the guts to say something doesn't make it funny. I thought Colbert was "smirk-on-the-face" funny, but he didn't bust my gut.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I thought it was very funny (could have done without the Helen Thomas skit), and the non-Bush jokes were also very sharp. I think my favorite line was the knock against DC using Ray Nagin's 'chocolate city' line. Brilliant. I also found it odd that the person in the audience who seemed to laugh the hardest was Scalia. Serious. Thought the man was gonna have a heart attack.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home