Thursday, April 13, 2006

Maundy Thursday



From good old Wikipedia:
In the Christian calendar, Maundy Thursday, also known as Holy Thursday, is the Thursday before Easter, the day on which the Last Supper is said to have occurred.

The Middle English word Maundy, used only in this context, derives from Old French mandé from Latin mandatum novum do vobis, "a new commandment I give unto you, love one another as I have loved you" (John xiii:34), words spoken by Jesus to the Apostles after washing their feet in preparation for The Last Supper.

From Today's Chat With Ashbloem:

me: I think this nice bird looks like trey
http://www.klein.com/dvk/photos/birds/boat_billed_heron.jpg
Ashbloem: That's a nice bird.
I saw two huge and pretty cardinals on the Cape dancing around with each other. It was cute.

me: OH!!
I love birds.
We are going to the Darwin exhibit tomorrow!
Ashbloem: Ooo! Awesome!
me: sooo excited!

Ashbloem: GrrrRRrrRRrrRRRRr

me: WHY MY SWEET????
Ashbloem: Ready to go!
me: HOORAY
Ashbloem: I'm very excited we'll be in NY.
me: I went and had wine at lunch
Ashbloem: Mmmmmmmm
me: and read "The Witch of Blackbird Pond"
While I was at the wine bar
a mother and daughter came in
The mother was like in her 70s
skinny, striking, grey bob, crazy veins on arms,
big gold wedding ring
I thought
"one day that will be me. I will be an old lady who travels and goes to the wine bar."
They were english, and the daughter looked like a cross between Jennifer Coolidge and Fay Weldon.
Ashbloem: Fantastic
me: After a while, the older woman asks me:
"What are you reading?"
and I told her "A book from my childhood
"that I remembered and had a craving to read again"
It turns out she lives near liverpool
the daughter lives in Orlando
They are going to the Jacques Brel show this evening
because growing up
they lived in Catalan spain for five years
and in Holland for seventeen
because her husband
"was"
Dutch.
And I wanted to cry
and felt my heart fill with joy
because I knew there was a reason why
I immediately felt a kinship with this older woman
and looked at her arms and knew that mine would be just like hers
Ashbloem: Awww that's so lovely
me: and also knew that I should make a point of fucking my husband before band practice
while I was 33 and could
while I was 33.
and juicy.
And they sail back to England in 2 days
on the Queen Mary.
Ashbloem: Exactly! Yes, I should get home soon and do that.
The fucking, not the Queen Mary bit.
But I'll take the Queen Mary as well.
me: Well, you will be thinking of something
OTHER THAN ENGLAND!!! ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've reminded me of something i must do this evening...

:)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Lillet Langtry said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAYY spring fever!!

I hope you had a most excellent evening! ;)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home