Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Blum-Langtry 2008?

This morning I came across this great interview with William Blum. His account of what he imagines the first 4 days of a William Blum Presidency is exactly like how I would imagine my first four days (as I sometimes do, as embarrassing an admission as it is):
The first day, I'll apologize-publicly and sincerely-to all the widows and orphans, the impoverished and the tortured, to all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. I would announce to the world that America's global military interventions have come to an end The second day, I would tell Israel that it is no longer the 51st state, but, oddly enough, a foreign country ... On the third day I would reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims and repair the damage from the many American bombings, invasions and sanctions. There would be more than enough money. One year's US military budget is equal to more than $20,000 per hour for every hour since Jesus was born.

On the fourth day, I'll be assassinated."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my first 4 days as well.

5:53 PM  
Blogger suzanne said...

You and Blum have my vote.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home