Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What We Can Look Forward To: Misogyny, Part I


Please read "Pro Life Nation" from the Sunday New York Times Magazine, detailing the criminalization of abortion in El Salvador. In El Salvador, some women are serving prison sentences for as long as 30 years for having an abortion.

I invite you to reflect on the ramifications of the following quote.
In the event that the woman's illegal abortion went badly and the doctors have to perform a hysterectomy, then the uterus is sent to the Forensic Institute, where the government's doctors analyze it and retain custody of her uterus as evidence against her.
Don't even give yourself the liberty for ONE SECOND to think, It could never happen here. It could never happen to me.

It is urgent for us all finally understand:

Every Woman IS You. Each. And. Every One.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom on the Run said...

AMEN!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Amen indeed!!!!

My current argument back to the so-called "Culture of Life" morons, er, people is:

Try declaring your embryo or fetus on your income tax return, as a dependent. Let me know how that works out.

;)

Missed the TequilaCon and BUMMED that I did! I'm from Brooklyn too (but live in Westchester now). Miss Park Slope like mad... especially the food co-op!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home