Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Four Years

What occasioned this blog four years ago was the nausea and rage upon waking to the looming, inconceiveable prospect of a second Bush term. Over the past four years so much has changed for me personally through this blog and my relationships with the blogosphere: I reconnected with Ashbloem, who is now one of my closest friends: I discovered the bankrupt shitshow of Intelligent Design creationism and how that triggered learning about biology and ethology and has changed my worldview and made me vegan, I learned to knit, I've rejected much falseness from my life, I learned so much more about politics and what my politics are and what I believe my responsibilities to others are, I learned to cook, I grieved my mother, I ended up standing on freezing streetcorners stumping for Kucinich. I fell in love again and again with my husband's beautiful mind. In short, four years of engaging in this virtual world has had an amazing effect on my real, embodied life, for which I am very grateful.

And even more grateful that, (even though I am a Kucinich/Nader girl at heart), that I got to wake up, four years later, to THIS man as our President-elect.

A change one can believe in, indeed. Today is a very good day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! obama! How exciting is it to finally win one and actually feel good about being an American! Hopefully Kucinich will be in the cabinet.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home