Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vegan MoFo: Brought To You By House of Herbs



MAN I am tired today. Yesterday was a long day in shitty, chilly weather. I wanted to make something quick and easy. Luckily, we had HOUSE OF HERBS cooking wine on hand! It's like the Hamburger Helper of cooking wines!

First, I marinated some tempeh to bake in the oven at 400. I wasn't sure if these guys would end up in a stir-fry or what, but there was gonna be some tempeh involved. I used equal parts soy sauce, the homemade veggie broth from last week still going strong, and HOUSE OF HERBS cooking wine. (Can I say that you can totally taste the difference with the homemade broth?)

I knew we had broccoli from the market -- maybe a stir-fry? With spelt soba? Oops! Half the spelt soba is gone. Fuck. Oooh -- we have Israeli Couscous... make that would be good? Tossed with broccoli and tempeh? Okay, let's cook that up. I sauteed some garlic in olive oil, toasted 1 cup of couscous, and then cooked with 1.5 cups water for 10 minutes.

When the couscous was done I realized I didn't feel like dealing with a stirfry. We had mustard greens and chard: maybe mixing the two would be a nice blend of flavors, the sweet chard and the spicy greens? Sure. Let's do that.

Add some sesame oil too! MMMM!

Thank you HOUSE OF HERBS!

Then I watched HOUSE!!

3 Comments:

Blogger For the Love of Guava said...

mm... an unplanned meal eh?? I wish my planned meals looked that good! YUM!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

We had Israeli cous cous last night, too! It's such a a great side.

That's a lovely unplanned meal!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Bex said...

I love the plan as you go meal. Even you don't know what is going to happen.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home