Friday, October 24, 2008

Vegan MoFo: Candle 79

Wednesday was Trey's and my third anniversary. We each played hooky from work and for dinner went to Candle 79, which is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. We had a bottle of a biodynamic Gewurtzraminer (eugene Meyer, 2006), the seitan chimichurri skewers, the cornmeal-crusted eggplant-tofu napoleon (un!fucking!believeable!) a cashew-crusted pan-fried seitan cutlet over greens and coconut rice, and the grilled pomegranate tempeh with sautéed haricots verts & almonds, sweet potato-squash purée,
chocolate molé sauce, fennel-apple salad. AMAZING. And we had ice cream! I never eat dessert! It was really stellar. I didn't take any pictures, because I wanted to be gazing moonily at my husband while talking about food.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary!

I have the Candle Cafe cookbook and really like it. Eating there in person would be even better!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Happy anniversary!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home