Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Are You There, God? C'est Lillet ...

I have been having my period for SEVENTEEN YEARS.

SEVENTEEN YEARS! With not much to show for it. My period has become like the soap opera that no one watches and never gets cancelled. All the actors get older and older (or in my case, heavier and heavier, so heavy they could have shot that elevator scene from The Shining in my panties.)

As I said to Ashbloem on the phone the other night, I wish that there was some kind of Coinstar for menstruation that I could just SIT on and at least have a couple of bucks to show at the end of the week, and take my husband to a movie or something!)

Ah, if only my period were like THIS!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

And these Mensestar machines, they should be in workplaces and airports everywhere!

The Japanese would probably make the best ones.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd get money and a badge with a tampon embroidered on it for a job well done! You can put it your Lady Scout sash!

I'm so over my period. Really.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Kate Harding said...

You just made me realize next month will be 20 years of pointless bleeding for me. Thanks for that.

I'm all over the Mensestar. Laundry money, at the very least, seems only fair.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home