Tuesday, February 22, 2005

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT !!!

Has anyone else noticed how hysterical the reporting of the weather has become? I've lost count of the SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS for the New York area over the past several months. In the Fall, there were several warnings of "urban flooding." Never have I seen flooding here that threatened to moisten my upper shins, and I still haven't. Tonight, I'm warned that TEMPERATURES WILL DIP BELOW FREEZING FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE OVERNIGHT... AS WELL AS THE EARLY MORNING DAYLIGHT HOURS ON TUESDAY. THIS WILL RESULT IN ICY PATCHES ... Wasn't this at one time known as "Winter"?

I eagerly await the day that advertisers can tap directly into my hippocampus and manipulate fear-reactions. That way I will at least be spared the poor prose and scare-caps, not to mention "Shark Week."

5 Comments:

Blogger Trey Desolay said...

But in Texas you have serious weather ... weather that knocks stuff down and even kills people. The worst that ever happens here is that every five years or so we'll get 18" of snow and we all stay at home for a couple of days. It was a bit of a hardship before Netflix, but still.

3:40 PM  
Blogger kender said...

Yeah? Well I ma in California and you know what???

There is WATER falling out of the SKY????

The end times are here...traffic is at a standstill....it takes hours to go anywhere and the news on TV is TERRIFYING!!!!!

Oh, wait, except for the water falling from the sky everything else as normal.

Sorry...I will go take my chill pill now:D

11:06 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

I'm with Lillet. Something has changed in the rhetoric department at the National Weather Service.

When I log into the NOAA site for local Hell's Kitchen temperatures sometimes there are three banner headlines in bright red with dire watches and warnings.

It's like they hired a Drama Queen or sumpin.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Whoops, I meant "I'm with Trey!" That was initially Trey's post! Not Lillet's. The atmospheric pressure has me confused, I guess.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should see the way this stuff is treated here in Canada.. CANADA for gods sake! The rest of the world thinks we drive dog sleds.. but when you're actually an insider, they flip out about four inches of snow.. One flake falls in Toronto, and people start closing schools and calling in sick for work. This may be old news.. but one year we had a snowstorm, and the government of this province called in the ARMY to clear the snow!!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home