Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Vegan MoFo: Nothin' Says Lovin' Like A Tofu 'McMuffin'

I don't miss or think about cheese ever, but for a while I missed eggs, or I thought I did. Then I figured out that what I was craving was something fried between two pieces of something toasted, and lo, the perfect breakfasty sandwich! I had a batch of baked tofu in the fridge, so I pan fried two slices in a little olive oil while my english muffin toasted in the oven. I then put Vegenaise on each toasted muffin-half, a little ketchup and sririacha or rooster sauce (which is not made from roosters! it's vegan!) and a slice of tomato. Holy hell, it is soooo good!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Lillet? Can I come live at your house and you can cook for me? Everything sounds deeelish.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Yummy. I'm reading this and it's about bfast time. oh the torture since I'll have boring cereal. gotta love bfast sandwiches!

looks similar to some of my experiments. I use teriyaki tofu for mine because I am addicted to it.

the hot thing going around is the Egg McVegan.

Also peole are talking about black salt a lot. It is sulpury, so it tastes eggy.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Lillet Langtry said...

OOOH! LOVE the idea of the round tofu slices! Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention! And you gave me a great idea for a post! Thank you, Bethany!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home