Friday, October 03, 2008

My Worst Vice

We are addicted to garlic in our house. We eat a lot of it, which is probably why we don't get sick much. In fact it is rare that I cook without garlic somewhere in every meal. But I have a very bad habit, and that is that I buy the pre-peeled garlic from the Rosemary Farm produce stand on Graham. I know. It is bad. And I keep meaning to bring the containers back there to have them refilled but then I forget. I know. Very bad! Just because I am vegan and that means I already use less water than those beef-eating peoples, so much less that I guess I could run the shower for a YEAR and still use less water, does not give me a license to buy that pre-peeled garlic from Rosemary Farm. Even though I did order a gallon of rice vinegar from them so I would use less bottles.

Man, this picture is making me hungry. Do you know what would be so delicious right now? A pizza! A vegan pizza with cashew alfredo sauce, caramelized onions and leeks, spicy tempeh sausage crumbles from VwaV and maybe, just maybe some Swiss chard shreds on top!

1 Comments:

Blogger allicia said...

I buy the garlic that is already minced in a jar. I use a lot of garlic when I cook too, and it's just so much easier to scoop out a few tablespoons when I'm cooking. The only time I ever really buy fresh garlic is when I want roasted garlic.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home