Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baggage

I just crossed "clean purse" off my to do list and lordy lordy, look who's got 40 pounds of crap in her bag! FOUR lipsticks, (NARS Pigalle, Fire Down Below, and Napoli, plus Poppy King's Rouge Sinner and Rose Sinner (obscured), FOUR Rimmel Soft Kohl eyeliners (there is also one in my desk drawer) and a Laura Mercier concealer. A stitch counter, an unopened cable needle, my 2007 and 2008 datebooks, loose prenatal vitamin tablets (next to the pennies.) 2 checkbooks and 2 pairs of gloves.

I got a Wellesley Women for Hillary e-mail the other day. I think it's great if you want to support Hillary, if you support her positions on the issues: subsidizing major insurance companies with tax monies and FORCING people to buy into these subsidies, continuing participation NAFTA which erodes our economy and exploits the workforce of other countries; if you think that the Patriot Act is awesome and support the Homegrown Terroism Act HR 1955; if you'd like to stay in Iraq and keep the massive illegal embassy and have no problem with the massively corrupt "oil law" that was the whole reason for the invasion in the first place; if you are fine with military force against Iran; if you support nuclear power, and if you believe that a corporation has the same legal rights as a person, then by all means vote for Senator Clinton.

I was on some comment thread over at Pandagon a couple of days ago, where the subject was how shitty the US healthcare system is. In the thread, I posted "Vote For Kucinich in the primary then, he's the only one who supports universal healthcare." A commenter asked me, "why do you think this is?" and I told her that it was probably because he was the only one who didn't take money from Big Insurance or Big Pharma, as Clinton, Edwards, and Obama do. And in a thread of 100+ comments, there was no response. No. Fucking. Response on the one issue that every American cares about.

Honestly, the Democratic party in this country is a fucking joke -- if the "liberal" bloggers like AmericaBlog and DailyKos (do not fucking get me STARTED on the dishonest post by Kos saying that since Hillary was the only Dem on the primary ballot in Michigan that all registered Dems should turn out for Romney as some kind of STRATEGY -- First of all, Kucinich and Gravel were on the ballot, and second of all, why are we being encouraged to stoop to this shit?) would rather play at being pundits following a horse race than talk about issues and support the only real progressive, then they deserve what they get. They deserve the flaccid Congress that they have. It's just a fucking embarrassment. It's bad that people are so fucking stupid -- when the so-called SMART PEOPLE are even stupider, it's truly pathetic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate Harding said...

Kucinich completely lost me, and a whole bunch of liberal bloggers, when he said he'd consider Ron Paul as VP.

Which goes to my general belief that every politician has done or certainly will do something that makes me want to strangle them. As I said on Shakesville the other day, anyone who truly represents my values would never go into politics, so voting my values really isn't an option for me.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Lillet Langtry said...

Wow, so instead you'll totally support three completely corporate-backed candidates who have no intention of ending the war and are totally in the pocket of the insurance companies etc? That makes no sense to me. None. Paul is a psycho, but is right on the issue of the occupation. I highly doubt that DK would put him as VP, but to say that that is somehow more objectionable than the bullshit the Big Three have been spouting since day one -- well, I'm speechless.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you posted this ages ago, but I hope you still see this.

Good on you for supporting Kucinich and good on you for doing so publicly and helping his campaign.

It's insane to me that he is just ignored. How many millions of Americans do the "candidate picker" tests and find Kucinich on top as their best match policy-wise - and then just ignore those results?

Sure, this is a historic primary. Never have a woman or a black man come this close to the presidency. And those firsts are important, I will not deny that. Who ever is chosen will at least help burst the greatest glass ceiling - which is no small accomplishment. But that's not enough. The USA is in huge trouble and though the Obamas and Clintons and Edwards (candidates and supporters) talk of change, they really don't seem to believe it.

Kucinich was the last, best hope.

But I'm a Canadian, so what do I know?

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home