Friday, July 06, 2007

Hooray!

I am a huge dork, but I just got my lab work back from our new doctor, and check out my stellar VEGAN bloodwork results!

Thank you for your recent visit to my office. I thought you would want to know your cholesterol which is listed below. For your information, references ranges are given as well.

Your Total cholesterol= 153
The ideal range for total cholesterol is less than 200. Values between 200-240 are borderline, and those higher than 240 are considered elevated.

Your HDL (the "good" cholesterol)= 90
For HDL, a desired value is over 40, but the higher the number, the better.

Your LDL (the "bad" cholesterol)= 51

The ideal range for LDL for someone without heart disease or other risk factors is less than 130. Values between 130-160 are borderline and those higher than 160 are elevated.

How awesome is that? Not to mention that 2 years ago my total cholesterol was 179. AND I made vegan scalloped potatoes last night! Hooray!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Congrats on your numbers!

In your face, hypothetical person who thought vegans were unhealthy!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home