Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Way To His Heart

is to make blackened green beans and udon with peanut-garlic-ginger sauce, topped with crushed macadamia nuts and scallions while he watches the DVR-ed Klaus Nomi documentary in bed with the space heater.

Normally I would have wanted to watch TV in bed with him, but I had a compulsion to make stuff today, I think to ward off some kind of bad feeling. And the bits of Nomi I did glimpse were beautiful but too sad for me to watch in that state: they confirmed again that New York has gone from the place where people came to make things to the place where people long to be recorded as they consume things. Although not entirely true, true enough for me today to knit and cook and write part of a song, just because.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trey Desolay said...

There was no "way to his heart" for you because you have always been exactly there.

But the dinner was amazing. And no one else understands my sadnesses.

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds deee-lish, Lillet.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home