Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Why

Why does my PMS make me fucking suicidal?

Why are you back with that asshole who beat the crap out of you?

Why do you assume that everyone is a Republican?

Why must you stand in front of the subway doors?

Why do hangovers hurt so fucking much?

Why you look so scared in your driver's license picture, Mom, so scared and old, like an owl who forgot her library card, as if you knew one day I'd be crying at work trying to figure out how to transfer the car title to my name, and as if you feel guilty that "the title" has been transferred to me, in that now I am the oldest, and one day will be my own poor child's mystery to parse?

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hope you two are having a good weekend!

5:04 PM  
Blogger spillah said...

Oh, I'm so sorry.

Someday you'll look back and all that shit will be done, and you'll be amazed you were the one that did it.

It is nice sometimes to have the things that were left, even if they make me sad. As I read this, my mom's dog was sleeping by my chair, and began running in her dream.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Ashbloem said...

I came on to say this was heartbreaking, but now I want to say it about Spillah's comment.

you ladies are amazing.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home