Friday, October 07, 2005

Unreal!

I am at work, watching the flat panel screen, surfing in order to find and write down all the news channels for the temp who will be filling in for me the week before our wedding.

I come up on channel 60, good old FOX NEWS! But whoa!! Guess what they are covering?

The New York Subway Terror Threat! And guess which subway station they are filming as a primary target?

That's right! Mine! 47-50 Rockefeller Center!

Any minute now my mom is going to forward me a CBS News e-mail about the terror threat. As a helpful tip. As if she's telling me that clear nailpolish stops pantyhose runs. As if I don't worry about it every single day!

And she means well, but I just want to shake her to pieces and scream "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME AND PROTECT ME BECAUSE YOU ARE MY MOTHER BUT YOU VOTED FOR THAT ASSHOLE TWICE AND THAT PRETTY MUCH VITIATES YOUR CLAIMS OF CARING, NOW DOESN'T IT! IF I DIE IN THE SUBWAY, THE SUBWAY I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE DUE TO ECONOMIC NECESSITY EVERY SINGLE DAY, I'M GOING TO BLAME YOU!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Ashbloem said...

Take that, Mom!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Lillet Langtry said...

Z, I totally agree with you.

Oh, and it turns out the hullabaloo in Penn Station was about a "suspicious soda can."

Anyway, I'm sure Bin Laden or Cheney have no idea where the hell Graham Ave is.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yeah my Mother made the same mistake(s)...

Ya gotta love em though...

I got mine when she was discussing the outrageous gasoline prices.

I asked, "Let me get this straight... Is that the Republican party that's in power right now?"

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen
And I Quote Blog

4:39 PM  
Blogger ann & dabney said...

can you yell at my parents, too, lillet?

-a

7:23 PM  
Blogger C. Hedges said...

Watch out!

He's going to send a hurri-quake to destroy your area! We all know that's what he does. I don't know how he does it, but he must be very lucky considering that he's not too smart.

Run!

3:38 PM  
Blogger jane said...

That was so very well said. Something that has been stirring more & more inside of me as our country's condition deteriorates. I hope the Roman Catholic Church, the hundreds of Pastors, Reverends, Ministers who told their congregation to vote for this damn regime & the self-righteous conservative as*holes who voted for the moron are now pleased with themselves.
Stem cell research isn't federally funded! Jack can't marry John!
Oh, but guess what? Our economy sucks, we have NO disaster plan, our government is so corrupt it's oozing all over D.C., No Child Left Behind was a farce & there never were any WMDs! I want to thank all of them for ruining our country!
(and thank you for letting me vent)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Pat Kirby said...

The Bush Administration love the politics of distraction.

What? A deficit?

Quick, look over there! Terrorists!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home